Skip to content
Home / Who Should Donate?

Who Gives Real Estate Donations To Nonprofits?

Make a positive difference for others less fortunate

House donations, land, commercial property or other types of real estate assets that are donated to Real Estate with Causes each come with their own unique reason. So to answer, Who donates real estate? Anyone that is holding onto property that wants to help others and themselves at the same time. Donating appreciated real estate offers many advantages. Avoid paying capital gains tax on the properties sale and help our 501c3 nonprofit assist families in need!

In reality, only around 25% of the real estate donations we receive are from those that really want to help others and assist us to continue supporting important charitable causes. The remaining 75% of our donors also wish to help, but ultimately seek a current market value tax deduction to help themselves. It goes without saying that in today’s world, the benefits of an IRS tax deduction is quite an attractive prospect. Why not? And you can make a positive difference for others less fortunate as well.

Tax Deduction = Current Market Value

The size of the tax deduction is determined by the current market value of the property, as opposed to the cost of the property when it was purchased. So if you inherited or purchased your property in 1978 for $92,000 and this year it is worth $982,000, the current value is what you base your tax deduction on, and in this case it will be quite substantial. 

So who Should Donate Real Estate

  • Those that want to help improve the communities in which we all live. Ideally, this should be the greatest consideration.
  • Businesses with properties that are idle, lacking a positive cash flow ow own assets that will never reach any useable potential.
  • Fully depreciated properties that do not serve the financial interests of the donor.
  • Uninsured catastrophes that are more a detriment financially to continue to maintain.
  • Anyone seeking valuable income and estate tax savings – IRS Tax Deduction
  • Those wishing to receive Income for Life with a Charitable gift annuity or Life Estate

Donating appreciated real estate and some debt-burdened properties offers many advantages. The main one being – you can avoid paying capital gains tax on the sale of highly appreciated real estate with an outright gift to our 501c3 nonprofit. Real estate donations to nonprofits allow you to deduct the fair market value on the appraisal and allow us to use the proceeds to help families and important philanthropic causes. To get started with your real estate donation please call 888-228-7320 or choose a property donation type.

Looking for more ways to help out support those in need?

You may want to consider some of these charitable giving ideas also!

You can donate:

Donate Real Estate and Support some Very Worthy Causes!